This is my blog about my interests in photography and film-making, also my travels as well as other items that I feel may be of interest. I also run the Photography equipment website, Filmcam....................................... IF YOU WANT TO ENLARGE ANY IMAGE BELOW SIMPLY CLICK ON IT !

Tuesday, October 14, 2008

To India with an Olympus XA2

On a recent trip to South India I thought I'd travel really light, so took the little Olympus XA2 35mm camera.
I found it great for all sorts of subjects. Here's just a few...
It was nice not having to worry about which lens to use, and the exposure system performed very well. I used mainly Ilford FP4, and when I'd run out of film (India is that sort of place !) I bought some Indian Kodak colour neg. film, and continued with that.
I like the XA2 as it's so quiet and unobtrusive. However, as streets in India can be rather noisy (understatement of the year) I often wasn't sure if the shutter had fired !
The Zuiko 35mm lens is really good performer, and I found I could enlarge the pictures alot.