This is my blog about my interests in photography and film-making, also my travels as well as other items that I feel may be of interest. I also run the Photography equipment website, Filmcam....................................... IF YOU WANT TO ENLARGE ANY IMAGE BELOW SIMPLY CLICK ON IT !

Sunday, February 1, 2009

Indian Rail Travel








Seeing some of Rob's India video footage has got me rummaging through those 35mm photos I took when I visited last. See my blog a few months back... in 'older posts' probably. One of the joys of travel through India is the Railways. The trains are great for photography. Open doors provide unhindered views, and you'll see and experience all of life onboard. But not so much if you travel in the air conditioned classes of course. Remember I was using my Olympus XA2 camera ? But I'd now run out of b/w film and so was onto the Indian Kodak colour stuff. So here's three of the photos going from Agra to Delhi... grainy eh ? Maybe caused by the heat during storage ? Atmospheric though. Does the photo of the elderly Indian gentleman remind you of anyone famous from last century ?